When it comes to cleaning your home, especially the kitchen, the last thing you want are harmful chemicals polluting the air and potentially having long-term health consequences for your family. All natural vinegar is inexpensive and can be used throughout your kitchen and the rest of your home to keep it smelling fresh and looking sparkling clean.
- Stainless steel appliances are all the rage these days. But don’t fly into one simply because you can’t stand those unsightly fingerprints. Try mixing straight vinegar with a bit of lemon essential oil in an spray bottle and apply with a soft cloth. Those fingerprints will disappear like magic!
- Nothing is worse than a stinky dishwasher. Run a cup or two of white distilled vinegar through on a short cycle to get rid of both smells and hard water deposits. Vinegar mixed with baking soda will also remove garbage disposal odors.
- You love your morning smoothies but hate how cloudy your blender is getting. Either straight vinegar or vinegar mixed with lemon will clean the inside.
- Stop spending money on expensive dishwasher rinse agents, instead fill the dispenser cup with vinegar.
- When spring cleaning the fridge and freezer equal parts vinegar and hot water go a long way in cleaning off stubborn food stains.
For the best in community living there is nowhere better than Lincoln at Discovery Square. Please contact our friendly on-site leasing agents today for more information or to schedule your own personal showing appointment.
If you are in the process of moving, you might want to consider apartments at our lovely apartment community. Ours is a pet friendly premises, so if you have a pet, you can move in with him or her. However, if you don’t yet have a pet but want one, you might want to consider choosing between a dog or a cat. If you love both but aren’t sure which is right for you, here are some tips.
- If you love walking and especially enjoy doing so with a companion, a dog is a great pet. Conversely, if you see walking as a chore, especially during odd hours and bad weather, you might want a cat instead.
- Dogs require a lot more care than cats. They need playtime in addition to having to be walked. Cats are overall much more laid back and self-reliant. Dogs also tend to cost more overall.
- If you are more of an indoor type, then a cat is probably a better pet for you.
- Cats may scratch up your furniture. If you have issues with that and nail trimming, a dog might be better.
Contact us for information and an apartment tour.
You don’t have to consult a professional decorator when you are ready to spruce up our apartments. There are many websites available that have great ideas that you can use to create a variety of looks in your apartment space. Many websites can give you information regarding the best locations on the web to find great examples of decorating an apartment.
The Boutique Hotel Bedroom House Design Photos webpage gives you many great ideas on how to decorate your bedroom so that you feel like you are in the lap of luxury. The photos that are on this webpage allows you to see the finished product of decorating projects that have designed a relaxing bedroom space. As you view the photographs of the different spaces, there are links to the designers who completed the projects. This is very convenient because you don’t have to go on a separate search for the designer’s information. If you like their ideas and may want some further advice, you can reach their website with the click of your mouse.
There are many benefits to having a home office. It can be a real luxury to get work done at home. Our apartments are the perfect spot to create a home office space that will be both functional and stylish. Here are a few tips on how to start.
The most important aspect of any home office is the desk. Having the right desk can make all the difference with the amount of work you are able to get done at home. Find a desk that suits your needs, fits your space, and can provide you with a place to feel productive.
Storage is important in an office. If your desk does not have a lot of storage space, or if you won’t want to clutter the surface, install a few shelves. Having shelves above your desk makes for a perfect place to store supplies.
Personalize your desk. Decorate your desk with photos of family, souvenirs from travels, and any other mementos that will relax you while working.
Cleaning the kitchen can sometimes seem like a hassle. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be. If you’re looking to do a bit of cleaning at our apartments, then here are a few ways you can make cleaning your stove a walk in the park.
The first thing you’re going to want to do is remove all of the knobs and dials from your stove. Fill your sink with warm water and soap, and then add the knobs and other items to the water. Let these soak as you move on to other things.
Take a sponge and dip it in the warm, soapy water of the sink. Wring it out, and then begin wiping it along your stove and oven. Pay extra attention to the spots where it seems like grime has settled in. If you need added power, use a bit of degreaser solution.
Finally, remove the knobs from the water and wipe them with the sponge. You’ll find all the gunk wipes away without any force at all.
Believe it or not, eating regular meals is essential to reducing stress because your body cannot function physically or mentally if it is running on empty.
Second, stop rushing around from project to project or from task to task. Start your day with a plan and work through the plan. Prioritize your schedule so that you take care of pressing issues first. This allows you to take control of your life and avoid letting tasks take control of you.
If you are sick, take time off and let your body heal. Stop pushing your body and start taking care of it or you will end up feeling miserable.
You should always plan time to exercise. It will help kick start your metabolism and you will feel less stressed.
Share your best tips for beating stress on our Facebook page.
We invite you to contact us today for more information on our apartments for rent.
Our lovely apartment community offers you all the best apartment living. You will enjoy settling in and making your new place all your own by personalizing it more. You can also make better use of your design ideas by creating more storage at the same time, something you should definitely find useful. Here are a few ideas.
- Get a lovely coffee table for your living room that has a built in shelf or shelves. You can stack a collection of magazines, books, tabletop games or whatever else you need to store.
- For the kitchen, consider having a commercial style pot rack installed. You can use it to all of your pots and cooking utensils. This is also a great way to better organize your cooking items.
- Place a bench in the bedroom by the foot of your bed. Get one that opens and has a built in compartment to hold clothing or bedding.
- Use a small tray on the toilet tank in your bathroom for holding extra toiletries.
- Install a wall mount in the bedroom to hold accessories and various other items.
Contact us for more detailed information and to set up an apartment community tour.
The wonderful part of living in our apartments is all residents have porches, leaving plenty of room for a patio garden.
If you are interested in learning how to grow container vegetables on your porch, here are some excellent tips that can guide you through the process.
One easy tip to remember is to make certain your plants receive between five and six hours of sunlight a day. Also, watering your vegetables at least once a day will keep your plants green and thriving. Daily watering and plenty of sunlight are also key when your veggies begin to bloom and fruit.
Make certain your containers have holes in the sides, as well as in the bottom, of the containers for proper drainage. Containers should be deep enough to hold the correct amount of plant soil for rooting. When you buy soil, you have to select the soil mix which is made for container gardens. This type of soil will be free of weed seeds as well as fungus or possible diseases.
Get started to a terrific container vegetable growing season!
The weather is will be getting warmer, and soon our residents will have access to our beautiful outdoor pool, meaning it’s time to get into tip-top shape for that swimsuit! Don’t worry — among our many amenities, our St. Louis Park community also has a state-of-the-art fitness center where you can do exactly that.
Our fitness center has just the right amount of cardio and strength training equipment to suit your needs for getting fit. If you’re looking to shed a few pounds or tone up your muscles, using our facility daily is a great idea. Many fitness experts suggest that, if you want to get a poolside-worthy body, folks start with a routine of cardio for the first two weeks, then mix in a strength routine so that you slim down while you tone up.
Slip into your favorite swimsuit this summer fearlessly by getting fit right here in our fitness center!
Contact us today to learn more about our apartments!
Our residents at often comment that their dog is an important member of the family, and we understand! As the warmer weather approaches, we want to make sure you and your pet are safe and happy all summer long with these summer pet safety tips:
- Hydration is a must. Make sure your dog has access to fresh water at all times, and if you take him or her to the dog park, they have plenty of water either at the fountain, or by bringing your own and letting your dog drink from a portable bowl or from your hand.
- Banish the parked car. Never leave your dog in a car in warm, or extremely cold, weather of any kind. Even on a mild day, your car can turn into an oven and seriously hurt your pet.
- See the vet. Make sure Fido is up to date on flea, tick, and heartworm prevention.
For more tips on keeping your four-legged friend safe during this season, check out the ASPCA’s Hot Weather Tips. Following these summer pet safety tips will help keep your canine companion healthy and happy all season long, and give you extra peace of mind so you can enjoy his or her company!