Having a balanced life is a combination of many things, including not over-working yourself, eating healthy, relaxing, and working out frequently to keep your body in shape. In the 24-hour day we are given, it’s sometimes difficult to make time for all of this. Our fitness center is one tool that can be used to make finding life balance easier.
Jogging or running is a fantastic primary form of exercise for anyone on-the-go. It doesn’t require much time for preparation and requires very little supplies. All you need to get started is a good pair of running shoes, comfortable workout clothes, and if you’re running outdoors, some sunscreen and sunglasses.
Running outside is an option, but many people get discouraged when the weather isn’t cooperating. Once you take a break, it’s easy to fall out of the workout routine for days. With the fitness center right inside the building, there isn’t a need to worry about weather; you can run on the treadmill, rain or shine.
Reading about our amenities isn’t enough; you must see them for yourself. Contact us today to schedule a visit!
Be sure to utilize the patio at our apartments. There are lots of great ways to take advantage of this space. Here are a few decorating ideas on how you can dress up your patio for the summer.
Outdoor rugs are a great choice. There are plenty of amazing colors and styles out there to choose from. You will find that an outdoor rug can really bring together your space and make it come alive in new ways.
Plants go a long way. Flowers and plants thrive outdoors. Head to a local greenhouse and find which flowers are in season. Buy a few and place them around your patio. These colorful bursts of life will bring a new dimension to your outdoor patio area.
Fix up old patio furniture. A new coat of paint is a great way to add a bit more life to old furniture. Use colors that match the season, and soon you will see your outdoor patio in a completely new light.
One of the best things about life at our lovely apartment community during the summer is that you can cool off by taking a dip in the community swimming pool. Not only will you feel more comfortable as a result of the cool water, but swimming is a great exercise for people of all ages. Here are the reasons you should incorporate a dip in the pool into your summer life.
- Swimming is a low impact activity. This means that you can do it and not risk injuring yourself, and you can even swim while you do have an injury or a medical condition such as arthritis. It is even a recommended exercise for pregnant women.
- Swimming is an activity that can actually help you to improve your cardio-respiratory health. In other words, it benefits both your heart and your breathing.
- Swimming can be performed throughout your lifetime, from the time you’re a very young child through your senior years.
- You can more easily build muscle when you go swimming regularly. It works out multiple muscles in your arms and legs as well as in the back and chest.
Contact us for information and to tour our apartments.
Degree in hand you are ready to go out and make your mark on the world. And the last thing you want is for that mark to be a black one on your credit. Using these smart budgeting tips for college graduates, you’ll be creating a healthy financial future making it easier when ready for all those important adult purchases including a new home or vehicle.
- Get on your laptop or smart phone and find a good free budget maker. While it may be scary to do so in the beginning when you probably aren’t making a great deal of money, it’s even more scary when those phone calls from bill collectors start.
- Head to the library and check out a couple books on money management. Look for books that include practical and real world tips on how to responsibly handle your finances.
- While we all need and want the necessities of life, don’t take on unnecessary debt simply to keep up with friends and family who may have more disposable income.
- Take advantage of any legitimate retirement programs your company may offer. It’s never too early to start thinking about how you want to live during your golden years.
Another great budgeting tip is to move into a conveniently located to everything apartment community. For leasing information contact our friendly on-site agents today.
Dust is a tough adversary to beat. Even in the cleanest apartment, it seems that no matter how much you do to keep dust out, it just keeps coming back. For many residents who suffer from dust allergies, the dry winter months ahead can be a real challenge.
Here at The Eastside Flats, we want to do all we can to help, so check out these three apartment living tips to keep your luxury apartment dust-free.
- Keep it outside. You know what’s easier that getting dust out of your apartment? Not letting it in! Put a doormat outside your front door, and wipe your shoes before you come inside. Better still, take your shoes off at the door to avoid bringing dust inside.
- Eliminate clutter. The fewer knick-knacks you have taking up space, the fewer surfaces you have to dust, and the easier cleaning gets.
- Reduce Moisture. Dust is attracted to a moist surface, so always run an exhaust fan while cooking or showering, and consider using a dehumidifier to keep moisture levels in your apartment at an ideal level.
For more apartment living tips, and to learn more about our community at The Eastside Flats, don’t hesitate to contact us today!
While you love your home, one day you look around and realize things are beginning to look a bit drab. Everything is still in great shape but your home decor just needs to be jazzed up a bit. Check out these easy decorating ideas to give your home that little “something extra” boost.
- No matter if your flooring is wood, tile or carpeting, adding a rug with a bold geometric pattern or fabulous texture can give a room new life.
- Many people don’t think about changing out their lampshades but this one simple idea can bring an entirely different visual focal point to a room.
- You certainly don’t want and probably can’t afford to ditch that perfectly good living room couch and love seat but you can afford to add new accent pillows and casual throws. Or pair that neutral club chair with a brand new patterned ottoman.
- Often just rearranging a room will give it an entire new look without having to spend a dime. Plus this is also a great time to deep clean the entire space.
Searching for the best apartments for rent? Please contact us today for leasing information.
Whether you live in a mansion or studio apartment, everyone is confined by a limited amount of space, leaving home owners and apartment residents to decide how to properly use that area. This is why forming an organization system is all the more important.
The key to organizing an apartment space is to break down the task into small, manageable steps:
First, take an inventory of all your belongings and try to determine whether or not you need them. This is by far the most labor-intensive step and often discourages people from defeating their clutter. Getting rid of unneeded items, though, will make your living space more efficient.
Once you have removed unnecessary items from your environment, the next step in organizing an apartment space is to compartmentalize what you’re left with into easy-to-find and easy-to-store groups. It doesn’t really matter what categories you choose, but dividing your space, furniture and other belongings into functional groups will help you know where everything is, reduce your stress levels and help you live more comfortably.
Dividing your apartment into areas that are specifically designated for different tasks will allow you to focus on each task individually, and after just a few months of your new way of living, you’ll find that your friends will ask you to help organize an apartment space for them, too.
For more organizing tips or general apartment living information, follow our blog.
The convenience of living at at Eastside Flats can be seen at the fitness center, where you can enjoy a workout in a beautiful facility while getting into shape and watching TV. Though, when you’re using our free weights to help build strength and muscle endurance, try some of these tips so you can sculpt like a pro:
- Combine your lifts. If you’re working on bicep curls, throw in some squats at the same time for an all-over body workout.
- Time your breath with your efforts. Exhale when your muscle is exerting, and inhale when you release.
- Avoid swinging your arms. Momentum can cause injury and an ineffective workout. Make your movements slow and deliberate.
- Suck in your belly. Tensing your abs and core not only increases your core strength, but protects your back like a natural weight belt.
Give these tips a try the next time you’re working out with free weights and note how fast you can make an impact on your fitness level.
If you have any questions about our Malvern apartments with a fitness center, please take a moment to contact us.
No matter where you live–in a house or one of our apartments– conservation and going green are always important. One of the easiest things to be mindful of is energy conservation. Here are a few ways to conserve energy in your apartment, which can make a difference for your whole life.
Bulbs: You’ve no doubt heard the wonder that Energy Efficient Fluorescent Bulbs have become and it’s all true. If you swap out the older lamps for newer CFL bulbs, you can not only save money, but also curb energy usage. And, they last an average of 10 times longer than traditional bulbs!
Weatherize: The building does the best it can but the natural evolution of wear and the fact that other people may have done things different from you means that there are going to be spots that “leak” air. Caulk or weather stripping can plug these up and save you lots in energy expense!
Body: Make your body energy efficient by walking or biking. Use mass transit or car pool, and when you have to, double up on trips out. The grocery store, shoe shopping, and anniversary gifts can all be one trip from the house.
There are so many ways to conserve energy, if you know where to look.