Not all Thanksgiving dishes need to be time intensive. Here are quick Thanksgiving dishes for you to whip up for your celebration.
Sauteed spinach topped with crispy pancetta is easy to make and ensures that loved ones get at least a little greenery on their plates, too.
Cranberry relish doesn’t have to be served from a can. Cranberry-ginger relish only needs a few ingredients and can be made ahead of time.
Delicious glazed carrots are as simple to make as putting butter, carrots, orange juice, thyme and seasoning in a pan and allowing them to cook.
Brussels sprouts might not bring up happy memories from childhood, but we’re betting these sauteed Brussels sprouts will change your mind about how delicious they are.
Sauteed mushrooms with herbs are actually even tastier the less you stir them as they cook.
Green beans with vinaigrette take plain beans and kick them up a notch. The beans can be steamed up to a day early then tossed with the dressing before serving.
Contact us for help with any questions you have about life in our community.
Welcome to Peanut Butter Month! November is the time to celebrate an American staple. Forget peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, peanut butter cookies and other common favorites. Get inspired in your beautiful sunlit kitchen this month with a creative peanut butter recipe, or two or three.
- Peanut Butter Coconut Balls – If you are looking for a quick, healthy and sweet snack that even the kids can make, these no-bake treats are just the ticket. Combine your favorite peanut butter with maple syrup, rolled oats and unsweetened shredded coconut, roll and enjoy.
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Pie – Indulge in a rich, creamy dessert that begins with a peanut butter cookie crust. The baked filling is a luscious blend of sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and sea salt. Top it all off with brown sugar whipped cream.
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Butter Green Bean Casserole – This savory, salty, sweet peanut butter recipe makes a delicious and unexpected side dish. Instead of traditional cream soup, green beans are baked in coconut milk, peanut butter, tamari sauce, ginger, garlic and onion.
Share your favorite peanut butter recipes with us on Facebook. For more information on our luxury residences, contact us.
Stretching exercises are both short and simple, meaning that you can run through a number of them within a short period of time. As a result, if you are interested in exercising in the morning, doing your stretches should be considered an indispensable step.
Consider these benefits of stretching in the morning:
- Although stretches are both short and simple, doing them still counts as exercise. This is important because exercising in the morning can produce a number of noticeable benefits, including but not limited to an easier start, a better brain, and even a better mood.
- Stretching loosens the muscles, which is important because tense muscles can result in injuries when used in strenuous exercise. For example, using one arm to pull the other towards the chest ensures that both shoulders are readied for exercise.
- Warming up with stretches and other less intense activities also tells the body to start preparing for strenuous movement. Examples range from more blood being pumped to the muscles to increased lubrication for the joints.
- Since stretching is so simple, you have the time to stretch thoroughly.
If you are interested in learning more about performing stretching exercises, please contact us today.
Following a vegetarian diet can be beneficial to your health and helps reduces your risk for heart disease and cancer. Be a part time vegetarian and celebrate Vegetarian Awareness Month during October. Apart from checking out vegetarian restaurants around Celebration, try some of these delicious vegetarian recipes this month.
Vegetarian Sweet Potato Wedges – Slice two sweet potatoes into wedges, drizzle with olive oil and toss while adding one to two tablespoons of chili, curry, paprika, salt, pepper or any other spice. Spread the wedges in a baking sheet and bake for around 35 minutes.
Poached Egg & Veggie Breakfast – Cook two sliced mushrooms in oil for two minutes. Add 2 handful spinach and cook for four minutes. Poach one egg. Spoon mushroom and spinach on slice of toast and place poached egg on top. Add salt & pepper and scatter goat’s cheese on top.
Potato Crisper – Peel and grate 4 potatoes and mix with one beaten egg and ¼ cup melted butter. Roll into shapes and bake in oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
Should you be in the market for a new apartment to rent, visit us at our leasing office or contact us for additional information.
As the weather starts to cool off, it becomes less appealing to head outdoors and exercise. Our apartments have a wonderful state of the art fitness center that you can take advantage of.
Here are 4 great fall fitness tips to help keep you active.
- When the weather cooperates you can head outdoors and go for hikes or bicycle rides.
- Our personal trainers at our fitness center can help you think outside the box. You can learn new techniques to achieve the level of fitness you desire.
- Workout while watching television. Even if you just get up and jog in place during commercials, its a great way to get some exercise in.
- Be sure to integrate your exercise into your life. You can take the stairs at work, or park far from the door so you need to walk.
You can achieve many different levels of activity while you go about your day. Take advantage of these fall fitness tips to help you stay active. Plus, make sure to take advantage of our fitness center. Contact us at today for more information.
Everybody has their own style and for some people, a rustic French vibe is their ideal decor of choice. It is very simple to create such an atmosphere by using the following three steps.
- Paint effects on furniture – Even the most inexperienced decorator can create a French rustic vibe with paint. Create a distressed effect on any wooden furniture or try stenciling leaves or flowers to make them unique.
- Striped soft furnishings – Stripes are a typical choice when creating this theme. Add tablecloths, cushion and chair covers in striped fabric in the color of your choice.
- Use metal – Plain metal is often a feature of the interior of rustic French properties. A tin bucket filled with flowers is a great addition to your living space that adds a splash of color. Similarly, use old tins as an accent in your apartment. Uses include coffee and tea storage pots or pencil pots.
By following these tips you truly can create your own little piece of France. Want to find out more about apartment living? Then contact us today to find out everything you need to know.
These days, recycling is all the rage. There’s nothing better than feeling we’re doing our part to help save the environment.
However, not all recycling is created equal. There are items not made for recycling and are better left for the regular trash.
If you have questions about what things shouldn’t be recycled, add these to your list:
- Hazardous waste – This includes household chemicals, antifreeze, motor oil, and liquid coolants. You should find out how Miami handles these materials beforehand as they probably deal with them away from normal recyclables.
- Plastic bags – Clean and reuse the bags where possible. Make sure they don’t gets into the environment. The same goes with those plastic six-pack can holders. These cause damage to wildlife, mainly for birds that can become entangled in them.
- Household glass – Avoid compact fluorescent light bulbs due the mercury they contain.
- Brightly colored paper – The chemicals can leak.
- Wet paper – These can become contaminated from other items.
What tips do you have for items you recycle? Share them with us on our community Facebook page.
Maybe you are looking to create some new art but don’t have any skill with a paintbrush. Maybe you just think that apartments should be full of color and life. Either way, this DIY art project with swatches is just the thing you are looking for.
- Gather up your paint chips, double sided tape, and a large frame that has a paper backing for you to mount the chips.
- Start in the top right and play with your chip layout. Make sure you are laying them tight enough to hide the writing on the chips.
- Once you have decided how you want to lay them out, take a picture in case they get messed up.
- Starting at the top right again, stick down each tile with the double sided tape.
This is a great project for anyone, kids and adults alike, to express their creativity. Of course, if your art piece needs a new home, you simply need to contact us today.
If you enjoy having some mint lying around at your space in our apartments, you might be surprised to find that it’s not just spectacular for Mojitos, but there’s some other uses for mint, too. Here’s a few other ideas:
- Repel bugs! If you rub some mint on any troublesome spots, you can deter ants and other pesky insects during a camping trip or other outdoor adventures.
- Make tea for an upset stomach. Boil some water with mint leaves in it for a few minutes, then let it cool so you don’t burn your tongue. You should notice some relief with ten minutes.
- Cool and soothe sunburn. Make a strong tea mixture, then refrigerate it for a few hours. Apply the mixture with cotton pads, and you’ll notice that your sunburn feels much better due to the menthol in the leaves.
For more information on our resort-style apartments, contact us today!
You can add extra storage to our apartments by decorating them with multi-functional furniture. When you work the right multi-purpose furniture into your apartment design, it will add both beauty and function to your rooms. Check out these creative multi-functional furniture design ideas that’ll beautifully enhance your space.
- Place side tables with drawers and shelves underneath the tabletop on each side of your bed. You can use your shelves for stashing things like lotions and books.
- Give your living room a rustic, shabby chic look by decorating it with an old trunk transformed into a coffee table. You can store everything from extra blankets to games.
- Put an ottoman with storage in your living area, or place it an entryway to create both extra seating and storage in it. Use it to store magazines, special papers and other seasonal decor.
- Skirt a couple of tables in your apartment. Place wicker baskets under the tables to create additional storage for all the items cluttering up your space.
Want to know more about life at our apartments? Contact us!