If you are concerned about the individuals that live around you in your apartment hearing everything that you say or being bothered by how loud you are, do some do-it-yourself sound-proofing around the house to help stop the sound from traveling.
Carpets, furniture, sound dampening wall material, and a variety of other things can be used to dampen the noise before it gets to your neighbors ears. Try moving your room around to avoid areas that are closest to the neighbors and having people sit the opposite direction so the sound will travel into the opposite wall.
Changing where your speakers sit or where your television is can help to eliminate or dampen the sounds they make as well. Here are a few more tips to get your home quieter.
Being courteous to those around you by sound proofing your home a little can be done for free. You just have to know how to control the sound and how to get it to stop traveling to where it is unwanted.
Share with us on Facebook how you plan to be a better neighbor.
For all students and staff living in our apartments, the first thing you will need to declutter is paper.
You accumulate paper fast and a lot of it. Holding onto too much paper is a fire hazard. Since you usually get sent over 800 items of junk mail a year, start by going to The Direct Marketing Association Website. For a minimal fee, your name and address will be removed from buyers mailing lists. This will take away better of half of your junk mail during you first 90 days. One quarter of all landfill wastes comes from this industry each year. That’s the equivalent of over nine million automobile gas pipes releasing gases into the air!
The other thing the residents our apartments may want to do to declutter is to stop any phone book deliveries. Since you mostly use the internet today, using the tree for phone books are putting more unnecessary gasses into our air. Go to opt out of phone book delivery and contact your local publisher to stop your phone books. Or opt out directly by going to Yellow Pages Goes Green.
How do you get rid of the paper in your apartment? Tell us about it.
Are you looking for ways to go green and save some green at the same time? You can easily make some homemade cleaning supplies for your apartment that will not just save you money, but save the environment all at once.
One of the best cleaners in your household that you might even have, right now, is lemon juice. Lemons are inexpensive and make for great household cleansers, have anti-bacterial properties, and are perfect deodorizers. Here are just three ways you can clean using lemon juice:
- Laundry detergent. If you’re working to try to eliminate bleach from your laundry, use lemon juice instead. You can brighten your whites by adding ½ cup of lemon juice to the rinse cycle.
- Scour your pots and pans. If you have stuck on grease, soak your pan in baking soda and vinegar for a few minutes. Then, cut a lemon in half and use it as you would a sponge. With minimal effort, the grease will come off.
- Deodorize. Discard your used lemons in your garbage disposal for an all-natural freshener.
For more tips on homemade cleaning supplies, check out Blisstree’s Green Audit. Keep your home clean and environmentally-friendly, and save money while you do it, by using lemon juice!
Spring is a great time to be outdoors doing fun activities. One of the best ways to get around is bicycling because you can enjoy the weather and get in exercise. Using a bike is an ideal form of transportation. It is important that you steer clear of risks.Check out these bike safety tips that can keep you steady on the road.
First, wear a helmet. This is the most obvious. In case you should fall, your head is protected and that is the most important part.
Check your bike for comfort, brakes, and that all parts are working properly. Do a test before you venture out on the road.
Make sure you are visible in public. Wear bright clothing and use lights or reflectors at night so drivers can see you.
Ride in designated areas for bicycles. Don’t try to go into traffic, it could get you hurt. Stay in safe zones.
When riding, stay focused on your surroundings. Know where you are going and keep a lookout for potential obstacles.
These tips will keep you safe on your travels. Ride your bike to different places, explore, and have fun.
The cell phone has not only become necessary, but it seems to have become a normal accessory for just about everyone. Do you sometimes find that you’re annoyed by the culture and attitude that cell phones bring? There are unwritten rules and etiquette when it comes to the cell phone use. Here are a few phone etiquette tips you may be interested in knowing:
- The 10 foot rule. When taking a call you should move about 10 feet from others, they don’t want to hear the conversation.
- Turn that phone off. Some places, such as the theater, are not a place for cell phones. Watch the movie and let others watch without distraction.
- No need to shout. There is no need to carry a conversation so loudly; if they can’t hear you then call back later.
- Avoid multi-tasking. Don’t talk on the phone while you’re checking out at a grocery store, ordering a meal, or driving.
- Ignore the phone while eating. If you are out having dinner with someone or on a date, give your attention to them not the cell phone.
Are you thinking about having some people over for a get-together? Then check out some of these great recipes. There is sure to be a dish that you won’t want to be without.
Chips and salsa. Chips and salsa are a staple for most parties. If you want to try a variation, you can sweeten the chips and salsa snacks with this recipe: the Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips. Everyone will want this fresh and sweet treat.
Grilling chicken. Give everyone something new off the grill, not just your standard grilled chicken, by making up some Barbecue Chicken Pizzas. Everyone is sure to love the rustic flavor you’ll get from the grill.
Don’t forget dessert. You already have that grill going, right? Try out one of the grilled dessert recipes, such as the Pot of S’mores. The best part is that it’s easy; the recipe uses a dutch oven style of heating.
Setting up an apartment can be a daunting task. You aren’t always sure what you will need. However, there are a few things every apartment should have.
When apartment living, here are three essential items every apartment should have.
- Every apartment dweller would really benefit from dimmers. They are handy to have and save on energy costs. They are very useful for creating a “mood” in your apartment. It is good to be able to adjust the lights as you need it.
- Every comfortable home should be a clean one. So for all apartment dwellers, you should have a good vacuum. They are a real benefit for helping to keep the house clean.
- Planning to hang your art is also essential. To make a room uniform the best way is to hang your art at 57″. It is a good rule of thumb for everyone who is decorating a room and making them more comfortable.
Be aware of the essentials for your apartment and take advantage of these three tips to help you make your space more comfortable. You can get more tips on apartment living by contacting us at LaVie SouthPark.
It’s not always easy to put on a happy face when your alarm sounds in the morning. However, you can make an effort to be happy in the morning. Make note of the following productivity tips on how to be a better morning person.
- In an attempt to wake up earlier each morning, try to cut an hour from each of your days. This way you won’t over commit yourself in the evenings. This will also give you an hour to relax and wind down from your day.
- Eat a breakfast high in protein to kick start your day. Also, eat a fruit or a vegetable and a whole grain.
- Reward yourself for getting up without hitting the snooze button. For instance, read the newspaper or savor a second cup of coffee.
- Think about what you get to do that day, rather than what you have to do. Give yourself a pep talk to get yourself moving.
- Get a workout in first thing in the morning.
Are you looking for a place to live in Charlotte? If that’s the case, contact us for information about our luxury apartment community or to see our apartments.
When you’re looking to get to lower heating bills, you have to make a concerted effort to that end. Of course you don’t have to do anything all that off-the-wall but the heating aspect of your budget does have to remain at the fore. Here are some pretty plain courses for navigating the best ways to lower heating bills in your apartment.
Firm: Keeping your temperature output at a firm level is one of the simplest ways to keep your heating budget enforced. Setting a baseline temperature keeps your heating bills at a steady rate.
Samba: How low can you go? Once you’ve established a baseline, then see how much you can lower your heater. For every 2 degrees you cut back you can significantly reduce your heating costs.
Length: It’s a good idea though to keep your heating rate at the same levels for long periods of time. If you are going to be out of the house for work or sleeping ratcheting down your heat to as low as you can stand walking back into is a great way to reduce the costs.
Heating bills can be kept in check when you use these strategies.
When it’s cold outside it’s natural to want to turn up the heat. While being toasty adds to everyone’s comfort, it also adds to expenses. Fortunately, these tips for saving money on your winter energy bills will help you to stay on budget this season.
Bring in the humidity. A humidifier adds moisture to any space, making it warmer. You can either buy this handy accessory or invest in a few houseplants like Spider Plants, Boston Ferns and Areca Palm Trees, which all do the same thing naturally.
Light up with LED. Unlike incandescent light bulbs, LED light bulbs use 75 percent less energy. Replace those energy-zappers with LED light bulbs in your bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room and common areas to lower energy and costs.
Bundle up. This easy fix requires just a few more layers to stay warm. Add extra clothing when chilling at the apartment and turn down the thermostat a bit for at least eight hours to enjoy extra savings.
Are you planning to incorporate these tips for saving money on your winter energy bills? If you’re interested in learning other ways to enhance everyday living, or if you’re thinking about moving, contact LaVie SouthPark for information.