At some point, you will probably find that much of your digital clutter is overwhelming you. This is something that eventually happens to everyone, but you can use home organization in your apartment in our apartment community to your advantage. As a result, you can organize all of your files and other items that are stored digitally.
- Delete any apps on your devices that you never use or that you haven’t used in a long time. It’s easy to do this on your smartphone or tablet, but you can also do it on your computer. On a Mac, organize apps by the last date they were opened. On a Windows computer, check the info on the app to view the date.
- If you use Outlook email, you can use Outlook’s Sweep feature to delete outdated email messages. This will also get rid of any unopened emails that are more than 10 days old.
- On a Mac, use the Finder feature to delete drafts. It will quickly scan your entire system and pick up anything on the hard drive. Delete any that are over a year old.
Contact us for information on apartment living or to schedule an apartment community tour.
We all want our lives to be easier and more rewarding. In order to make things go smoothly for you and your family, check out these five apartment living tips which are little things which will make a big difference.
1. Let the sunshine in. Opening the windows allows air to circulate. In the evening when the air is cooler, open the windows and enjoy a little bit of nature.
2. Get rid of spam. Junk mail in hard copy form or on your computer is wasteful marketing. Cancel unwanted catalogs, unsubscribe from form emails and clear the clutter from your inbox and mailbox.
3. Save your data. Backing up your computer every month is a quick thing which can prevent a huge headache later on. A small external hard drive can quickly convert your files to a storage space which will cover you in case of any crashes.
4. Purge the kitchen. Dull knives, chipped glassware and old spices are lurking in your kitchen. Sharpen knives, invest in new glasses and purge the back of the cabinets.
5. A place for everything. Set up your entryway with a place for mail, keys, shoes and jackets. Add an out box of all the things you want to toss, have to mail and need to take with you on your way out the door. This little box can help you start they day on the right foot.
For more apartment living tips and to learn about apartment availability, contact us today!
Throwing a party in the summertime gives you an opportunity to show off your gorgeous apartment to your friends and family members. If you’re looking for ways to make your upcoming party extra special, use the following DIY party decorating ideas to enhance the look of your Upland apartment home.
- Host a happy hour- Decorate your apartment for a happy hour party with cocktails, beers, and more. Prepare your supply of drinks and set out a happy hour menu for your guests so they know which mixed drinks are your specialties.
- Photo decor- If you want to charm your guests and you have a lot of snapshots of them, consider creating a photo montage on one of your walls. This DIY party decor idea can keep your guests amused all evening.
- Paper flower decorations– Creating paper flower decorations gives you a hands-on project to enjoy while anticipating your party.
At Lincoln at Tinner Hall, we’re always eager to keep in touch with our residents. Join us on Facebook to stay posted on events and resources at your Upland community.
Send us your inquiries if you’re interested in checking out apartments.
Relentless beams of sunlight beat your head, causing you to jump into a community center pool of clear cool waters. You stay in the moment all summer long but at some point this season, you might have to get things done. Tackle all your responsibilities with our 5 Summer Productivity Tips.
- It’s always fun to travel. Get around town by bicycle or your own two feet, and explore beautiful Fairfax!
- Get pumped up at a fitness center, or stay fit with Yoga and Pilates.
- Do-It-Yourself, or DIY, is a popular social movement that you can be a part of if you’re willing to teach yourself something new.
- Take time out of your summer schedule to volunteer. Everyone needs a helping hand; lend yours this summer.
- Read for the fun of it. Stay abreast of the latest fashions in The Fashion File by Janie Bryant, costume designer for Mad Men.
By using our summer productivity tips, you’ll have more time to enjoy lounging poolside than worrying about what you need to get done next. Share your favorite tips with us in the comment box below. Contact us for more information about keeping your apartment cool and utility bills low this summer.
Just because your renting your home doesn’t mean you can’t make it your own. Here are five design ideas that every apartment dweller should keep in mind when decorating your home.
- You Don’t Have to Paint: Just because you can’t paint your walls doesn’t mean you are out of options. Oversized art is a great way to cover up a plain beige wall.
- You Can Add Color With Furniture: Instead of painting the walls, try adding a splash of color with furniture. A brightly colored couch can be the focal point for a living room.
- Use Plants to Hide Things: If there’s an element in your apartment that you don’t like, use a cleverly placed plant to hide it.
- You Don’t Have to Hate Your Floor: If your kitchen or bathroom floor is hateful, it doesn’t have to be the bane of your existence. A large area rug can easily cover up that eye sore.
- Make Use of Window Treatments: You can add color and style to your home with the perfect window treatments.
Are you looking for a luxury apartment home in Fairfax? Contact us today for more information about the beautiful community and luxury apartment homes.
Avoid making these hosting mistakes when you have guests over for your holiday party.
- Never Expect Guests to Help Themselves to Food & Drink – Make sure everything is in plain sight because most people feel uncomfortable hunting around in your fridge or cupboards.
- Plan Your Music – You do not have to have knowledge of the latest tunes, but do have something playing when guests arrive. The background noise provides comfort during introduction phases.
- Guests Cannot Introduce Themselves – Where many people do not know each other, do not leave them to their own devices. Introduce people to each other instead of people wandering around on their own.
- Do Not Do Everything On Your Own – Hosting is more than a one-person job no matter how prepared you think you are. Get family and friends to help by giving them tasks.
- Not Everyone Needs to be Seated – Most people prefer to be on their feet during a party. Provide some chairs as conversation pieces.
Our apartments feature amenities like a 24-hour lock-out service, out-of-town services and package accepting. Visit our leasing office to schedule a tour or contact us for opulent apartment living options.
We all want to look great, feel good and have a better self-perception of our body. Because if you work hard and eat right, then you though see the fruits of your labor.
Our fitness center is well equipped for individual success in all fitness arenas. If you’re looking at the fitness equipment and you just can’t get inspired, have you ever tried working out with an exercise ball? You may think that’s just all hot air, but actually working out on an exercise ball is pretty challenging. Here are three of the best ab workouts to do with an exercise ball.
Plank push-ups: With your hands on the ground and your feet on ball you do pushups. It’s a lot harder than it sounds and is a great workout for your abs, as well as your chest, deltoids and triceps.
Sit ups: Doing sit ups while sitting on the ball with your feet on the floor is also another excellent ab workout for your ball sessions.
Crunch curls: This third exercise is a monster. You lie flat with your arms spread apart and weights in your hands. Then you bring the weights together as you rise towards where your hands meet.
All three of these are excellent ab workouts for your exercise ball routine.
If your apartment is looking a bit cluttered and disorganized, we have the apartment organization tips you need to make organization a priority.
- Choose one room at a time, and get rid of anything you don’t use. Then, make sure that all of the remaining items have a place of their own. This might involve installing a new shelf or two, but it will be worth it in the end.
- Keep items in the rooms in which you use them. Sink cleaner should be int the bathroom, for example, and your cosmetics should be in either the bathroom or the bedroom, depending on where you use them most.
- Baskets are excellent for storing items that need to be easily accessible. They look attractive and cut down on clutter.
Is finding a new apartment on your to-do list? Contact us today to learn about our spacious and comfortable homes.
When it comes to apartment hunting. it’s all about the amenities. Apartment living is only as good as its conveniences. Don’t settle for anything less than luxury apartment amenities. Here are four great apartment amenities at Lincoln at Tinner Hill.
- Garden style bathtubs- Nothing seems more relaxing than soaking in a spacious tub after a long hard day. Take full advantage of the garden style tubs.
- Vaulted Ceilings- Creating a look of grandeur and the illusion of more space, vaulted ceilings are the perfect touch to any apartment.
- Crown Molding- Not only does crown molding add dimension to any room, but also the feel and sense of home.
- Washer and Dryer Hookups- Nothing is more convenient than being able to do your laundry in the comfort of your own home. Ditch the laundromat for washer and dryer hookups at Waterford Place.
Enjoy these and many other luxury apartment amenities at our apartments. Request more information about these luxury apartments here.
Incorporating houseplants into your home decor is a very inexpensive and practical way to bring a touch of the outdoors inside. Many varieties are also great natural air purifiers. Plus, they are a fantastic way to add visual pops of color throughout your entire home.
- When considering different apartment decorating ideas and searching for something to fill a corner, a flowering maple is one of the best choices. Flower colors include: red, orange, pink or yellow.
- A peace lily is so easy to grow, you don’t need a green thumb to keep this one alive. Many plants bloom only during the summer though some varieties will flower year round if properly cared for.
- Nothing smells better than a jasmine plant. Blossoms can either be pink or white and will bloom constantly if given lots of light and water.
- Looking to add a touch of drama? Then check out the silver vase plant. A member of the pineapple family, this plant with its stiff green/gray leaves produces gorgeous oversized purple flowers. So easy to grow, just keep it watered and in front of a window.
Ready to call Lincoln at Tinner Hill home? Please check with our onsite leasing agents for availability.