Whenever a decision is made to leave your residence and move to another there is always a bit of anxiety that comes along with the process. So, when one is moving it is best that you plan for a period of six weeks before you arrive at your apartment!
It is important that you take this time to completely plan out your moving schedule and shore up any loose ends before moving day.
Create a checklist that is divided into weeks so that you can add and check off any items that are essential for the move as they are completed..
If you have kids have their school records transferred to the new school at least six weeks out. Also notify your current utility company about your moving date as well as the new utility company at your new location at Lakeridge at the Moors Apartments.
Line up the movers at least six weeks out and notify the bank, post office and any other services a few weeks out as well.
With these tips, the move to your newapartment will be smooth, easy and fun!
Decorating your apartment can be fun. Although we would all love to be able to use an expensive personal home decorator, decorating your own apartment can be a ton of fun. One thing to keep in mind when decorating a one bedroom apartment is to maximize your visual space. Our apartments are a wonderful size, but if you pack them full of large, bulky furniture, you will have a space that looks cramped and confined.
Maximize your space with these easy tips:
- Curvy furniture- Use furniture with curves to add more visual space. Choose either a couch with a rounded back or a circular coffee table and you’ll be surprised with how much larger your space feels.
- Rugs- Buy a large, light colored area rug for the center of your living room and open up your space.
- Lamps- A touch of bright light will make any space seem large. Adding either several table lamps or a couple floor lamps will create a warm glow in your apartments.
Do you enjoy decorating? Share your decorating tips on our page. Contact us anytime for more information about our apartments.
Hosting a wine tasting in an apartment is never easy. There are several details that need to be tended to in order to ensure that the night is a success. As long as you don’t panic and deal with one detail at a time, you will be able to easily host a wine tasting that will get all of your neighbors talking.
One great tip is to clean your apartment before choosing the wines and appetizers. A clean home allows a clearer thought process. After the apartment is company-ready, you won’t be preoccupied with these details and you will be able to make great party choices.
Another important step in planning is choosing the wine to taste. Not all expensive wine tastes great, and depending on your guests, may not even be necessary. Find a more obscure, inexpensive brand to include in your mix as a game to see if your friends can tell the difference.
If hiring a cleaning service, make sure you schedule it in advance. Many companies can’t clean the day you call them, so this can be cumbersome if you are expecting company or anxious to clean up. For more great party tips, contact us today.
Moving is a hectic time, with your life in boxes and so much to do! It’s easy to forget important details in the middle of all that chaos. A checklist can help remind you of what you need to accomplish, and when, so your move stays on track. Print out this list, and add your specific needs to it to remove some of the stress from your move!
- Two months before – Sort through your belongings and weed out what you don’t need. Choose a moving company if you will use one.
- Six weeks before – Finalize your rental agreements. Make travel arrangements. Notify schools of your relocation, and ask about enrollment. Get vital records from doctors and schools.
- One month before – Contact utility companies about starting and ending service. Start packing!
- One week before – Finish your packing. Confirm arrangements. Submit change of address forms.
- Moving day – Pack your first night box. Take a final tour of your old place.
What tips do you wish you’d had when you moved in? Share them with us on our Facebook page!
Apartments make cozy homes which are perfect for a minimalistic lifestyle! A snug space encourages taking advantage of every inch of space and utilizing furnishings which have more than one function. Efficient use of the room you have is easy when you acquire furniture which serves more than one purpose.
Exercise equipment can hog a great deal of floorspace. It’s not always easy to find time to exercise, either, especially if your work follows you home. Accomplish what you would at a desk while getting a workout done with a bike desk.
Those who entertain often, or who enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, know how much space one can use for wine storage. This wine table offers a beautiful, functional solution by placing bottle storage in the table itself. It provides a gorgeous display and keeps bottles safe!
Cats love space to climb. Give your feline friend a climbing perch with this cat library bookcase. It’s multi-purpose furniture your cat will love!
What’s your favorite piece of multi-purpose furniture? Tell us about it on our Facebook page!
If you’re looking for a great apartment, McAlpine Ridge would love to welcome you. Learn more today!
Green living doesn’t have to be difficult, and you don’t have to give up convenience to take care of the environment. Many natural, non-toxic substances work just as well to clean your home as chemical cleaners do, but without the harsh effects on the land. Try these easy, green cleaning tips!
- Is last night’s supper still lingering on your cookware? Use vinegar and baking soda to clean the pan! Boil a little vinegar in the burned pan, then remove the pan from the heat and add baking soda. Rinse and scour.
- Vinegar and baking soda works great for greasy spots on countertops, too. Spray vinegar over the caked-on grease, let it sit, then wipe it away. Baking soda on a cloth works well for scrubbing.
- Whip detergent with a hand mixer, then rub the froth into upholstery stains.
- Don’t care for harsh bathroom cleaners? A grapefruit and kosher salt work wonders for your tub!
- Want a safe, all-purpose cleaner? Try lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide, and water.
What environmentally friendly ways do you use to keep your place clean? Share them on our Facebook page!
We offer beautiful apartments with terrific amenities. Find out more today!
It would probably surprise most people to find out that a vast amount of common diseases can be directly linked to our lack of exercise. The American Physiological Society recently reported that “physical inactivity is a primary cause of most chronic disease.” When we consider that around 80 percent of Americans do not get the recommended amount of exercise, we can begin to see the scale of the problem.
Surprisingly, more people die from illness linked to physical inactivity rather than known evils like smoking, and this number is widely believed to be increasing as technology makes all of our lives simpler.
Most of us will be aware of the more obvious ailments that an inactive lifestyle can promote – obesity, diabetes, coronary heart disease, etc.–but we may be shocked to learn that lack of exercise can put you at greater risk of some cancers.
Why not consider a home in the area and enjoy our apartment fitness center? Contact us today for more information about our community.
Last-minute guests often mean spending time with friends and family. While that’s something to enjoy, it can also leave you scrambling to tidy up your place. Next time unexpected visitors come to call, try out these hints for faking a clean apartment.
- Are the pots and pans from last night’s dinner still in the sink? Dishes piled up on the counter? Hide them all in the dishwasher. If your dishwasher is full, however, you can put dishes and silverware into a large pot and stow it in a cupboard.
- Hang fresh towels in the bathroom to give the impression you just cleaned it. Store clutter, such as brushes, hair products, and grooming gadgets in a basket. Put this basket beneath the sink, or in the bathtub with the curtain drawn.
- Turn over couch cushions to show the cleaner side. Drape an afghan or blanket over any sofa stains.
- Boil nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon on the stove to make your apartment smell terrific!
How do you get ready for unexpected guests? Share your fast-cleaning tips with us on our Facebook page!
For apartments surrounded in luxurious landscaping, look no further. Find out more today!
You never know when unexpected guests will arrive to your apartment, so it is always good to be prepared by having doubled pillows around the apartment. You may not realize it, but doubled pillows add in extra seating that is both comfortable and convenient.
Floor pillows are designed just for that, sitting on the floor. This means the pillows are thick enough to provide your guests with comfort. The pillows also come in a wide range of designs and styles, allowing you to create a set that goes with your interior.
Now you do not want your guests to sit there thinking about how they are sitting on the floor. You want them to feel like that are just sitting on an extra seat. The key to this is layering up the pillows. Place a smaller floor pillow on top of a large square pillow to increase both the height and cushion.
How do you prepare your apartment for last minute guests? You are welcome to share your own tips on our Facebook page.
We offer beautiful apartments, and you can become a part of our community by contacting one of our leasing agents.
Purchasing a new sofa anytime you want to change up your luxury apartments may seem like a good idea at the time, but the cost can add up after a while. In addition, you may be replacing a perfectly good sofa just because you want to redecorate your apartment. Instead of spending the money and time on a new sofa, you can change things up by investing in slipcovers for your sofa.
The money you save on purchasing a new sofa can be used for new slipcovers and other decorative pieces for your apartment. Slipcovers come in a variety of styles and material, from organic and natural upholstery to striped and dark gray. You can purchase pre-made slipcovers or slipcovers that are custom-made to fit your couch.
Forget about getting rid of your current sofa and moving the new one in. All you have to do is remove and replace the previous slipcover and you are done.
If you would like to share photos of your beautiful slipcovers, you can post them to our Facebook page.
Contact us to learn more about our luxury apartments and we will be in touch with you soon.