Are you looking for a way to work out some kinks? Soothe away muscle aches while enjoying your luxury bathroom with bathtub by trying this DIY sore muscle soak.
Making this simple muscle rub couldn’t be easier. First, start by gathering your ingredients. You will need epsom salts to remove your aches and pains, as well as your favorite essential oils. For a muscle rub that is super refreshing, try using either lavender or peppermint oils. To make the muscle rub nice and pretty, you will also want something a bit festive, such as dried flowers.
Now that you have all of your ingredients, simply pour the epsom salts into a bowl and toss with a few drops of the essential oils. Then, stir in the dried flowers. Finish by placing the salts in a mason jar and decorating with a ribbon.
With the stunning bathrooms at our apartment community, you have your own personal oasis to help you soothe your muscles. Contact us today to find out how you can live in our community.
Our homes should be a source of comfort. Sometimes, however, we need to make this happen on our own. If you are looking to find ways to calm yourself in your luxury apartment, then here are a few ideas to create a calming yoga space.
Location is important. There are spots around your space that make you feel good. Focus on one of these areas. This yoga area is all yours, so make sure you choose a space that will calm you immediately. A spot by a window, with plenty of natural sunlight, is a great place to choose.
Plants can liven up your area while giving you a sense of calm. Go to a local flower shop, and find a few small plants that please your eye. The lush and colorful plants will add a beautiful and relaxing element to both your yoga space and your home overall.
Finally, make sure your space is technology-free. Our phones and devices only serve as points of stress throughout the day. Disconnect while in your yoga space!
If you’d like to learn more about our luxury apartments, please contact us at Thornberry Apartments.
A wine tasting party can be a great way to have friends over your space for a fun time. Here are a few ways you can host a fun wine tasting party at your home.
Choosing the right wine will be the most important aspect of throwing your wine tasting. Do a bit of research before you head out to the store. There are dozens of applications that can be downloaded to your phone to help you along your way. You can also ask the employees of your local wine and spirits shop for their recommendations, as you might find a new local wine that you hadn’t thought about before.
After purchasing your wine, you’ll need to disguise the bottles. The fun of a wine tasting comes from the anonymity of the wines for your guests. Design cozies out of burlap or another handy material to mask the labels from your party guests and keep the fun of guessing the wines.
If you want to improve your basketball game, you have to start with some practice. Get a better shot in no time with these shooting drills.
- To improve your accuracy, practice shooting at different distances from the hoop. Choose three spots on the court and progressively move further away as you make each shot.
- If you want to concentrate on your three point shots, find a partner. Then, simply toss the ball back and forth, making as many three pointers as you can in a 30 second period. Challenge yourselves to beat your own record.
- A good free throw shot is extremely important. For a great way to block out any of the distractions around while you sink your shot, you need to develop a good routine. Start by determining exactly what sequence will proceed your shot, then practice repeating it over and over again. For example, you may choose to dribble three times before shooting.
Contact us today to find out how you can live in our community.
Having a pet can be a truly amazing experience. Not only do they provide us with the love and companionship that we might need, but having pets around can actually improve your health. If you want to know about the benefits of having a cat or dog at our pet-friendly apartments, here are a few reasons why you should get a fur-ever best friend.
Moving to a new area can be rough. Meeting people is difficult, and it can be hard to know where to begin. Having a dog changes all that. By getting a dog, we are opening ourselves to meeting new people. Taking a dog for a walk makes us seem more approachable and, in turn, causes people to socialize with us more. You’ll make new friends, maybe even get a date, and feel amazing.
Having pets around has also been linked to a healthy heart. In fact, studies have shown that people who own dogs have a tendency towards lower blood pressure. A pet is a way to a healthy heart.
Contact us at Thornberry Apartments to schedule your tour.
House plants are a great way to liven up your decor. If you have pets at home, however, you have to be careful. Keep your pet safe with this guide to plant safety for pets.
- While it’s not something that we think about often, many plants protect themselves with substances that are poisonous to pets. If poisonous plants are consumed, pets can become very sick and even die.
- To protect your furry friends, first you have to be aware of what plants are potentially dangerous. Toxic plants include caladiums, dahlias, arum, holly, wisteria, and tomatoes, Chinese evergreen, and many more. Do some research to determine whether your plants are safe.
- Just because a plant is poisonous, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to get rid of the plant. Instead, consider moving it to a place that your pet can’t reach. Keep in mind, however, that even leaves or twigs that fall off can be dangerous.
Keep your pet happy and healthy at our pet-friendly apartments in Irvine by following these simple house plant guidelines. Contact us today to find out how you and your pets can live in our community.
Colors are an important part of your apartment decor. In fact, the right color combinations can truly transform your home. If you are looking for a new color palette for our apartments, consider a few of these color schemes that truly pop.
Neutral colors are great to work with, as they allow accents that truly stand out. Go for a palette of whites and beige, with blue as your central focus. For example, have white walls, beige furniture, and then utilize blue in your rug, lamps, or anything else in the room. This will cause the blue to really stand out. You can use gold and pink accents to really make this color combination reach its potential.
The fun part about color is that you can use it in many creative ways. Take, for example, the idea of using the same color in different ways. If you take, let’s say, purple and use the same color in different degrees of darkness throughout your room, accenting with teal or beige, you will find a beautiful aesthetic.
For more information on our apartments, contact us at Thornberry Apartments.
Has your bathroom cabinet been overrun with clutter? Make your things easily accessible in no time with these simple organizational strategies. Continue reading
The kitchen has always been a room in a dwelling that is strictly used for cooking foods. You have to look back years, centuries actually, to understand what the kitchen really stands for. It was not only used to produce meals, but it also kept the house warm, heated water, provided limited lighting, and served numerous other tasks.
But over the years it has become “the place where the food is cooked.” Let’s go back to when the house centered around the kitchen. If that is even an option we have to beautify the area and we can do that with small updates in the kitchen that can make huge differences! Here goes:
- Add art! Art can immediately bring out that personality that is needed in the room. You don’t have to add a huge self-portrait, a print or poster will do the trick!
- If you don’t have the time to complete a color overhaul in the kitchen, simply change your dishtowels to highlight the parts of your kitchen that you like. Once you’ve added that piece of art, get dishtowels that bring out the color that’s “hiding” in it!
Take the kitchen back!
Considering owning a dog? Great! Now all you’ll need to do is find the perfect choice for apartment living. While there are many pet owners who live in apartments, it’s important that you find a furry friend that’s suitable for your living space. And they don’t have to necessarily be small dogs – there are both large and small dogs that work well in apartment communities. As a matter of fact, here’s a list of the top 10 dogs that are suitable for apartments:
- Bichon Frise
- Great Dane
- French Bulldog
- Italian Greyhound
Most of the dogs have the same characteristics- they’re affectionate, gentle and submissive. Each of them are playful in there own ways; some are even cleaner than others. But one of the best things is that they’re easily groomed.
Now that you know what type of dog you’d like, consider this apartment community if you’re thinking about moving to area.